Friday 5 August 2016

Getting Back Up Again

So this week hasn't been a good one at all for various reasons. Firstly before I go any further I thought I would quickly say what a great time I had hosting Youth Beatz for the past 6 years since 2010. I couldn't have asked for a better co-host in Jasmine. We had so much fun together and presenting with her was a joy. From the first year we hosted where we were nervously backstage waiting to host to the big crowd, to last year where we were so good at it that presenting in front of thousands of people didn't seem difficult at all. If I had another opportunity to host an event with Jasmine, I would jump at it, just for her company more than anything.

My favourite act that has ever performed has got to be The Mermaids. I could rave on about what brilliant musicians they are, but what I enjoyed most about them was their company. Such lovely girls who were very approachable, funny and friendly, and my fave act last year. I don't even need to tell you but if you are looking for good music then look them up cause they are great.

I can only speak on behalf of myself but being completely honest, I have to say that I do feel we were under-appreciated at Youth Beatz. We never got much credit for doing it, and I felt we deserved a lot more respect for giving up our time to host the event, write the script and travel at very last minute times. We never even got recognition in the local newspaper, not even a line saying thanks or well done to Chris and Jasmine for hosting, very little photos either. I would encourage whoever takes over to get more recognition because it's a brilliant opportunity with brilliant people working there like Lou who I could always come to and totally adore. Just make sure you ain't doing it for free for so long like me and Jasmine did. We got paid a little last year but weirdly enough we were cut this year. Not got anything to do with ££ … not at all …

I've had a great six years with Jasmine at Youth Beatz and good luck to whoever takes over. Have confidence in yourself because the crowd is always absolutely lovely and will cheer you on, so enjoy it more than anything. It might seem like a silly youth event to others but it's set me on a career path I hope to fully pursue and for that I'm happy it happened. :) 

Anyway moving swiftly on to a topic which is honestly completely un-related to Youth Beatz.

Recently I feel like I've been the subject of bullying. I'm not going to name any individual and cause a shitstorm but it's reminded me that there really are nasty people in the world, that will belittle you and make you feel small and less important. It's been getting me down but not anymore. I refuse to let anyone put me down when I know I'm a good person, who treats people like he'd like to be treated. People feel to get ahead you have to a fucking arsehole, but I'm not prepared to be that person. I want to move up through life without taking people down. It reminds me that unfortunately there always seems to be one person in a group who enjoys picking on others. I'm going to bide my time, and be the bigger man, but when I get the first opportunity I will be deleting that person out of my life and hoping someone that negative won't trespass into my life again.

To end on a positive note, I'm looking forward to a long weekend with my friends. Going to polo, eating and shopping sounds like so much fun.

P.S I'm thinking that an Iphone on a tripod would be a good set up for a camera for a Youtube Channel. So maaayyybe I will pursue it … ;)

As always if you liked this post then share it on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or wherever you want. Follow me on Google Plus. Also I'm on Facebook as Chris Carruthers, Twitter Instagram and Snapchat as ChrisDerekCarr, and I'm also on BlogLovin so follow me there too if you have it.




                                                          Thank You, Talk Soon ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment