Wednesday 8 June 2016

Hello, It's Me



I thought for one of my first blog posts, I'd tell you a bit about myself. I'm originally from Dumfries, a place known for Robert Burns, Calvin Harris, shitting seagulls and Queen of the South … oh and me of course ;) I lived there for the first 20 years of my life. I went to St Michael's Primary School and Dumfries Academy. During my young years (talking as if i'm old lol) I've done a bit of everything. I've been the lead in 3 National Theatre of Scotland Productions (I played JM Barrie, a bulgarian orphan named Tom and a tortured teenager … cheery I know) I was in the National Youth Choir of Scotland when I was younger (I'm a diva on the mic) I've been a zombie in a short film (I got killed by a pencil in my ear because I'm the weakest zombie in history).

 The avenue I'm heading down at the moment is presenting. I've co-hosted the biggest free event in Scotland “Youth Beatz” for the past 6 years, which draws a crowd of around 12,000 people on the day. I've also been very lucky to interview the likes of Rebecca Adlington and Simon Weston for the Commonwealth Youth Summit (I'll just pick up those names I dropped). My presenting is the reason I came up to Glasgow. I studied Radio at the City of Glasgow College. I may upload the documentaries on the course in due course, or share a link, just to embarrass myself (although not to blow my own trumpet but I did get an A in both years of HNC and HND, not too shabby)

I love to gym, go on dates, go shopping and eating with friends and be a total spoon on a regular basis. You've got to be a bit mad to get through life, unfortunately I think I'm more than just a bit. I've been living in Glasgow for the past 3 years and I'm absolutely loving it. It's a beautiful city, full of lovely friendly people and so much to do. I'm working away at the moment to pay the bills after completing my course and that leads us to present day. I'm 22 turning 23 in July, loving the current summer heat wave, and taking you on my journey. You're welcome to come. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment