Sunday 12 June 2016

Poor Boy

I don't know about anyone else but I feel constantly poor. No matter what sort of advance in life I make, I always end up in the same place of trying to scrape together money to pay rent, pay for food, transport, blah blah blah and it's all a major headache. When did the world become so bloody expensive? You can't do anything nowadays without breaking the bank.

When I was living with my parents, I didn't realise how lucky I was financially. Now by no means are my family rich, in fact it's the complete opposite and sure, when I was in Dumfries I was bored out of my mind constantly, but I had enough money that having a bit of fun wasn't as regularly difficult as it is now. I didn't have to pay rent, buy the food, pay electricity bills etc I was a lot more blessed than I appreciated. Now living in Glasgow everything has changed. I pay for my flat which is smack bang in the city centre. Very convenient I know. I love living in the city centre but being so central costs a lot of money and I can't wait to move further out and alleviate the cost. I got a new job in January and now earn more money than I ever did, but still all the bills adding together means I'm just as poor as I was.

I remember the days that me and brother would go to game, and say “well we've only got 40 pound to spend so let's just buy a game” and we used to do this, sometimes it felt every Saturday. If I have 40 pound to spend on a Saturday on anything I wanted, I'd be buzzing out my tree.

By no means am I feeling too sorry for myself, hence the sarky title of the post. I realise there a lot of people in the world worse off than me and that I'm very lucky to have the life and freedom i've got in this country, but still … i'm bloody skint haha.

Now I've got to think of ways to either scale things back or drum up money. Hmmm well … Argyle Street seems a popular place to sell your ass or maybe big brother or maybe I should find a rich man and be a house husband … or mayyyyyyyyybe I need to go back to the drawing board.


They say money doesn't bring you happiness … well that's a load of shite because I'd be WAY happier with more of it
.  

2 comments:

  1. "Money isn't everything,
    What can money buy?
    An automobile so's you won't get wet,
    Champagne so you wont get dry."

    Oscar Hammerstein II
    Allegro

    ReplyDelete